Friday 10 September 2010

Post 100: Fashionary

My 100th post! How cool :)

I've just come across a pretty cool book called Fashionary. You can check out the website here. It's basically a sketchbook designed for fashion designers, it has templates printed on each page (faintly so you can choose to use the page as a blank page too). At first I thought this was a bit of a cheat, I've always drawn my own templates. Even in college when they wanted us to trace around a picture of a model and reduce her to a more "fashion silhouette", I preferred to freehand draw my models.


However, I looked a bit further into this book (because it was an excuse to put off doing any real work! hehe) and found it's so much more that 'just a sketchbook'. The front of the book is full of very interesting information! From body measurements to pattern pieces to typography. The bits which interest me the most are the fabric dictionary, the spec sheets and the seams & stitches. Although I've got loads of fashion books, I don't think I have one that keeps all these pieces of information together so it's definitely handy for that!



It looks really cool and sophisticated as well :) It's almost too pretty to want to draw on! I'm definitely considering it as a Christmas present option!

As an added bonus, you can download the templates from the website free of charge. This includes a full figure working drawing template (always useful!) and a menswear template!


Ammie
x

No comments:

Post a Comment