Saturday 24 July 2010

Goals.

For some reason at the moment I can't upload pictures to Photobucket or Flickr for the past couple of days, my computer had a virus so I dunno what's going on :)

Anyway, I've started on some new brooch ideas - you can see the 3 of these below, check out my shop to view them HERE. I'm starting to slow down a little with my shop because I really, really need to get on with my summer project but I'll still be updating as often as I can, 2 or 3 times a week, I'm really aiming to have 60 items for sale in the next few weeks. I'm also off on holiday with my boyfriend in just over a week so I've got all these goals I want to have achieved for then!





I've mentioned my summer project a couple of times but not what it really is. Next year, being my final year, it's all based around my final big collection which has the chance of being shown at London Graduate Fashion Week - this opportunity is the whole reason I choose my university because they've been winning awards at GFW for years now. My summer project is the beginning on my collection research.
I have to come up with 3 really strong concepts with a intense research journal/sketchbook to accompany each concept. This means image research, lots and lots of designs, colours and fabric swatches. As well as this, I need to have 6 mock-up garments completed, a couple of them can be like a pattern 'piece' - a collar, a shoulder piece, but only if its incredible and detailed. For anyone who knows fashion design and pattern cutting, you know just how long it can take to get a decent mock up from block to pattern manipulation to fabric.
Although...I am really excited to finally pattern cut and sew something new! I feel like last year I was just repeating things I had learned in college in Scotland - I'm looking forward to the new challenge!

Sorry for the ramble, felt it would be helpful to fill you guys in since I'll be talking about my concepts and showing some of my work over the next couple of months.

Ammie
x

No comments:

Post a Comment